Monday, January 27, 2014

Motivational Monday: Kathy Haan

Hi ladies! I have a special friend on the blog this morning to share her story for Motivational Monday! She is truly inspiring and I hope you enjoy! :)

Sponsor

"I struggled with my weight most of my life. I had eating disorders, and found myself either very heavy or very thin. Most of high school, however, I was on the thinner side thanks to being actively involved in sports. My senior year of high school, I was signed to a modeling agency. I was a State Finalist for National American Miss Teen Iowa-USA and Miss Iowa-USA. My freshman year of college I got pregnant with a man who would later become my husband. During that pregnancy I gained 85lbs and lost myself along the way. I married this man despite his emotional and physical abuse—now that I was so heavy, I didn't think I deserved better. We got pregnant again just after the wedding, and that time I gained 65lbs. I was in a very dark place--suicidal, suffering from PTSD and severe anxiety because of my marriage and health. One night I was up by myself, eating an entire sleeve of Oreo cookies. I was crying, feeling sorry for myself. Sorry I had let myself get so big. Sorry I didn't have the energy to play with my kids. I saw an infomercial for P90X and did a bunch of research on it online. I was contacted by a coach named Glenn who told me about the program and the opportunity. I had tried EVERYTHING. I had lost 60lbs using Atkins, but gained it right back. I had every gizmo and gadget out there, promising quick, easy results. I had taken dangerous pills and was even anorexic and bulimic for a large period of my life. Nothing was permanent. What could I do differently this time? I decided July 21, 2010 to sign up as a Team Beachbody Coach. WOAH! Wait...ME helping others lost weight when I'm morbidly obese?! It was the only way I knew to keep myself accountable...and it WORKED. I ordered the largest package they had, which was $600 at the time (they no longer carry that package unfortunately). I didn't have the money, so I sold a bunch of stuff to be able to afford it. If I only had to spend a few dollars to sign up as a coach, I never would have committed to it because I didn't make an investment. I pushed play every single day. I had to do pushups against the wall. I could only finish five minutes of P90X at first. Eventually, I was able to do more and more until I made it through an entire workout. I lost 123lbs after a year and a half and found myself again. I left my abusive marriage and never looked back. Now, I'm happily married to the man of my dreams. He's a man of faith, and happens to be an NANBF certified bodybuilder. We are expecting our first child together in 6 weeks, and I've remained active throughout, except for short periods where I had been given orders to not work out due to complications."

To learn more about Kathy, check out her website! http://www.idyllicpursuit.com/

If you would like to be featured on Motivational Monday, please contact me! I would love to hear from you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>