Cellulite sucks. There's no simple way to put it. There are so many expensive creams, serums, and lotions out there that promise to banish cellulite once and for all, but why waste your money when you can try all-natural remedies at home that are just as effective?
Other than sticking to a clean diet, consistent workout program, and drinking enough water, here are 3 home remedies that we love to combat cellulite with:
1. Coffee Scrub-use once or twice per week in the shower. Caffeine in the coffee has been known to reduce the appearance of cellulite and refresh the skin.
- 2 cups Coffee Grinds
- 1/2 cup Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 4 tbps Coconut Oil
- An exfoliating glove or dry brush (very helpful, but optional)
- Mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Massage the scrub into your skin in a circular motion for 5 minutes per butt-cheek. You may also use a dry brush as well.
- Store in an air tight container and keep in the shower for future use.
2. Dry Brushing. As simple as it sounds, all you do is brush your skin with a dry brush before jumping into the shower. The skin is the body's largest organ and eliminates most wastes through the pores. Brushing helps to unclog those pores and bring out a brighter, youthful appearance.
How to dry brush:
- First you need a proper brush, which you can purchase at most health food stores. Look for firm bristles—typically cactus- or vegetable-derived—or else the process won’t work, King says. A long handle is also handy to help you access hard-to-reach areas such as your back.
- Using long, upward strokes, start brushing your skin at your feet and work up your legs one at a time. Then move up your mid-section (front and back) and across your chest. Finish by brushing up your arms toward your armpits.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar. ACV helps reduce the signs of cellulite by improving elasticity, which reduces the lumps and dimples associated with cellulite.
How to do an apple cider vinegar rub:
- Mix 3 parts apple cider vinegar with one part of your favorite massage oil.
- Gently knead this solution onto affected skin areas twice daily.
- This massage treatment will help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.