- One box whole wheat lasagna noodles
- One container goat cheese crumbles
- One pound 97% lean ground beef
- One jar pasta sauce (any flavor you want, I used garden fresh because I love veggies)
- One onion sliced
- One container mushrooms sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and garlic powder to taste in the sauce.
All you have to do is boil the noodles in a large sauce pan while sauteeing the veggies in another in olive oil. Add the ground beef into the veggie mix and once the beef is brown, add the pasta sauce. When the sauce is bubbly, add in seasonings to suit your taste. Remove noodles from boil after 8-10 minutes and place in COOL water to avoid sticking when ready for use. Set aside a glass pan to hold your lasagna and make the first layer-a layer of whole wheat pasta on the bottom. Then spoon sauce mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle layer with goat cheese crumbles. Then apply another layer of noodles, then sauce, then goat cheese (save some goat cheese for the very top). Then put your last layer of noodles on top sprinkled with remaining goat cheese and drizzle olive oil. Bake the dish at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.