(9 weeks pregnant)
Let's face it, ladies. If you are pregnant, you are bound to gain some weight. 25-35lbs to be exact. Though that is the healthy weight gain that doctors recommend, some ladies unfortunately gain more. This happens when women let their exercise routines and healthy eating patterns fall by the waist side.
The biggest misconception about pregnancy is eating for two. Most women dont realize that whatever you eat, baby eats. You dont need to double up! Now, the cravings are very tricky. Im 9 weeks into my pregnancy and I KNOW how bad cravings can be. Whenever I have a craving for something, instead of reaching for it, I automatically think, now how can I make this healthier?
Since Ive been pregnant, Ive been fatigued beyond belief! I was only a little nauseous for two weeks or so luckily, but the cravings are off the charts! Luckily, I have stuck by my workouts and my healthy eating for the most part.
So far, I have only gained one pound and my body virtually looks the same. As you can see, I still have defined abs (for now.) Ive pushed through the fatigue, sickness, and cravings and so far, so good.
It all comes down to how badly you want to stay in shape during pregnancy. Some women tend to use it as an excuse to let go.
I owe it all to these tips!
- Eat lean protein at every meal.
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies.
- Never skip a meal or breakfast. Eat within 30 minutes of waking.
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day.
- Skip the dairy. Opt for almond or coconut milk instead.
- Workout 3 times a week, lifting as much as your body will tolerate and according to what your doctor says. *Also, try to get in 20-30 minutes of cardio daily. Your body is pumping 50% more blood and you need that cardiovascular system to be in tip top shape!
- Drink 8-10 glasses per water daily.
- Prenatal yoga works wonders for toning and decreases your lower back pains.
- Get plenty of rest! 6-8 hours nightly.
- Take a nice bubble bath at night. Soak all the stresses away.
- Mediate or pray.
- Set goals and stick with them. My current goal is to gain 25lbs-no more.
Simple as that! Visualize what you want!