Sweet potatoes are my favorite side dish to make. What's not to like about a sweet potato? They are packed with Beta Carotene & Vitamin C. They are also so versatile: you can mash them, steam them, bake them, and even fry them-if you are in a guilty pleasure mood! However, my favorite way of cooking them is baking them as fries and pairing them with a steak or even a homemade black bean burger for a complete vegetarian meal. What is your favorite way to use sweet potatoes?
Here is my favorite recipe for baked sweet potato fries.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- coarse sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash each potato thoroughly & slice into wedges.
- Place in a ziplock bag with olive oil & spices and toss to evenly coat all wedges.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.