Here are 5 tips to help you get started on the road to food prepping for the week!
- Pick a meal prep day. My meal prep days are usually Sundays because of the amount of down time I have to complete it.
- Set aside at least 2 hours-or more. The amount of time spent food prepping is ultimately up to you. I typically spend about 3 hours prepping my meals, but I know some others who spend less or even more with their meals. It all depends on what you are making.
- Make a healthy grocery shopping list. This can be time consuming because this is the planning part of your meal prep. I like to jot down ideas on a piece of paper throughout the week or look on Pinterest for some ideas of what to make if I am craving something other than the usual chicken-broccoli-brown rice meal. Make sure you plan enough to last you the week-and don't forget snacks! Also, do not forget your list!
- Go grocery shopping! Once you have your list made, you can then proceed to the store to get your goods! Sometimes, what I purchase depends on what is on sale so I can save a buck or two. Usually, I am out within an hour with everything that I need.
- Prep & cook. Once home, you can begin right away! Boil the rice, wash & chop the produce, cook the chicken, etc-whatever you have to do. Set aside. Arrange meals in the container of your choice and stash in the refrigerator for the week.