One of the most common questions that I get asked is, "How can I tone my legs?"
Well, if you are anything like me, your legs and butt are where you tend to store fat-gotta love those female hormones!
Luckily, there are ways to whip those legs into tip top shape! First and foremost, eating a clean diet with adequate carbs and protein will lead to a nicer set of legs. Try my new meal plan!
Secondly, a strength training regimine will not only shape those legs, it'll burn fat and add figure to your entire body. I would always recommend adding weights to your exercicses, if you can. Weights help to place stress on your bones and muscles, resulting in an increase in size of the muscle itself and a decrease in fat cells.
Thirdly, cardio is great if you have some jiggle going on that you are wanting to lose. I would suggest at least 20 minutes a day. Why 20? This is usually the time limit in which your body switches from using stored glycogen and instead uses your body's fat stores.
But first, let's talk supplementation for sexy, lean legs:
- Always make sure you have a great protein on hand. I personally love MRM's Natural Whey Protein and use it after each workout.
- A good pre-workout to fuel your exercise. I use MRM's Driven each day-an all natural pre-workout-that helps keep me focused and energized.
- A good BCAA supplement is a MUST. I use MRM's Reload BCAA+G which contains L-Glutamine. This stuff is the ultimate muscle recovery supplement and will eliminate sore muscles after your workout while fueling muscle strength.
- Lastly, I swear by fish oil. I choose Smart Blend from MRM. Fish oil is good for a lot of things, but did you know that it supports fat burning? YUP!
**For all MRM products, use code SIA at checkout for 40% off ALL supplements, all the time**
Here are my go-to moves to getting sexy legs:
1. Barbell Side Split Squats
- Stand up straight while holding the bar placed on the back of your shoulders (slightly below the neck). Your feet should be placed wide apart with the foot of the lead leg angled out to the side. This will be your starting position.
- Lower your body towards the side of your angled foot by bending the knee and hip of your lead leg and while keeping the opposite leg only slightly bent.
- Return to the starting position by extending the hip and knee of the lead leg.
- After performing the recommended amount of reps, repeat the movement with the opposite leg.
2. Plie Squats with Barbell
- Hold the bar racked across your shoulders, with a firm grip. Move your legs so that they are wider than shoulder width apart from each other with your knees slightly bent. Your toes should be facing out.
- Slowly bend the knees and lower your legs until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Press mainly with the hell to bring body back to starting stance.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
3. Barbell Glute Bridges
- Begin seated on the ground with a loaded Hiit Bar over the tops of your thighs.
- Roll the bar so that it is directly above your hips, and lay down flat on the floor.
- Begin the movement by driving through with your heels, extending your hips vertically through the bar. Your weight should be supported by your upper back and the heels of your feet.
- Extend as far as possible, then reverse the motion to return to the starting position.
4. Barbell Lunges
- Hold on to the bar using both arms at each side and lift it off the rack by first pushing with your legs and at the same time straightening your torso.
- Step away from the rack and step forward with your right leg and squat down through your hips, while keeping the torso upright and maintaining balance.
- Using the heel of your foot, push up and go back to the starting position as you exhale.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended amount of repetitions and then perform with the left leg.
Want to build a better body in just 12 weeks? Check out my Fit Mommy Workout Bundle!
Bundle & Save BIG!
In this bundle, you will receive:
-Butt & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program
-Armed & Fabulous 4 Week Home Program
-Ab & Core Attach 4 Week Home Program
-Eat Clean, Get Lean 4 Week Meal Plan
All programs are bodyweight exercises only-NO GYM REQUIRED! You can simply do these at home within the comfort of your own home.
Features 4 weeks of high-resolution step-by-step pictures and an exercise directory.
*The Armed & Fabulous program does require one set of dumbbells only.
Jumpstart your weightloss with this 4 week clean eating meal plan! With over 60 easy-to-make recipes, you are sure to enjoy the world of clean eating while losing those few extra pounds.
"Can I do all 3 workout programs together?" Absolutely! You can actually alternate them and do your butt program one day, arms the next, and then abs. Then start over!