I have not always had great glutes-in fact, my butt and thighs have always been my "trouble areas."
During pregnancy, I had a great bubble butt, but as soon as I had my son, breastfeeding totally robbed me of that great behind. I was left with a flat butt and had to restart all over again at the very bottom
With time, and weights, I built strong, shapely glutes! But, I realize not everyone is interested in using weights.
So here are 3 easy moves that you can do at home to give you a nice booty-no gym needed!
1. Basic Bodyweight Squats
- Stand tall with your feet hip width apart and your arms down by your side
- Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees and pushing your body weight into your heels
- As you are lowering into the squat your arms will start to raise out in front of you for balance
- Keep a neutral spine at all times and never let your knees go over your toes
- The lower body should be parallel with the floor and your chest should be lifted at all times not rounded.
- Pause then lift back up in a controlled movement to the starting position
2. Lunge Kicks
- Stand with your feet together.
- Take a long stride forward with one foot, pointing your foot and knee in the same direction.
- Bend your rear leg until your knee almost touches the ground.
- Push off your rear foot and bring that leg forward with your knee in a cocked position.
- Kick at an imaginary target, then cock your knee again.
- Continue the same movement with your other leg.
3. Glute Bridges
- Lie on your back on an exercise mat or the floor in a bent-knee position with your feet flat on the floor.
- Gently exhale. Keep the abdominals engaged and lift your hips up off the floor. Press your heels into the floor for added stability.
- Inhale and slowly lower yourself back to your starting position.
All 3 of these moves are featured in my Booty & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program!
Last month, I blogged my newest workout outfits from Dick's Sporting Goods that were just too cute to NOT share. I love having workout gear that is not only cute to workout in, but also comfortable enough to move around in. I was amazed that Dick's carried Nike, Reebok, and even Under Armour! Their clearance rack also had some pretty nice deals!
If you need new workout gear to build that booty in, I highly recommend stopping by your local Dick's Sporting Goods store.
Disclaimer: I was compensated by DICK's Sporting Goods through Vocalpoint for this post. All opinions stated in this post are my very own.