As you should know by now, the recommended average weight gain for a pregnant women should be anywhere from 25-35lbs during the entire 40 weeks. Unfortunately some women double and sometimes even triple this, which leads to complications. Dont let this happen to you! Gain CONTROL over your cravings and establish a healthy regular eating schedule.
Here are my tips as far as diet:
- Eat 5-6 meals.
- AVOID sugars, sodas, fried & greasy foods, and anything processed (usually everything that comes boxed).
- Eat plenty of veggies and fruits.
- Make healthy snacks such as frozen grapes or apple slices with almond butter.
- Try to make all of your food if possible! That way, you know whats in it. You are creating a whole other life at thus point and should be putting the best of the best into your body!
- Eat fish! Yes they say to limit your intake, but just stay away from high mercury fish. Fish helps give your DHA to boost healthy brain cells and development. Fish is very good for you!
- Eat plenty of fiber to avoid constipation, a common pregnancy symptom.
- Put the snack cakes down.
- Avoid caffeine. It will only make increase your chance for miscarriage in early weeks and make your baby very irritable when its born!
Tips to working out:
- Dont stop! Pregnancy is not an excuse.
- Try to do some type of activity at least 30 minutes a day.
- If you lifted before pregnancy, you may continue to do so.
- Listen to your body!
- Get enough cardio-your body is now pumping 50% more blood!
Be sure to track your weight. It is very important to gain weight slowly and steadily to avoid stretch marks and health issues. Dont worry, you will be bloated towards the end of the day and wake up skinny. Its weird! But its mainly water weight.
At 12 weeks pregnant, I am still at my pre-pregnancy weight of 120lbs.
I owe it all to WILLPOWER!
This is me 12 weeks pregnant!
This is taken in the morning time.
Perfect abs, no bloating.
This is me at 12 weeks pregnant also. This is at night! Notice the bloating!