Complete each move below for 10 reps and 3 sets.
1. Dumbbell Presses
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent. Hold a pair of dumbbells just outside your shoulders with your arms bent and palms facing each other.
- Press both dumbbells up until the weights are overhead and your arms are straight.
- Pause, then lower the dumbbells under control back to the starting position.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells in each hand.
- Curl the dumbbell in your left hand to left shoulder, then lower.
- Switch sides and curl the right arm with the dumbbell in your right hand.
- Grab a pair of 5- to 10-pound dumbbells and get in plank position with your hands on the weights and your feet hip-width apart
- Bend your right elbow and raise the dumbbell until your elbow passes your torso, pressing the left dumbbell into the floor for balance.
- Lower your arm and repeat on the other side.
- Continue alternating.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand with your feet hip-width apart and your knees bent.
- Bend forward at the hips and let your arms hang straight down from your shoulders, palms facing.
- Raise both arms out to the sides as you squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Return to start.
- Choose a pair of dumbbells and stand with your feet at around shoulder-width apart. Grasp the dumbbells with an overhand grip (palms facing down) and place them on your thighs.
- While keeping your back straight, lift the dumbbells straight up in front of your chest, to just below chin level.
- Keep them as close to your body as possible. Pause, and then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the front of your thigh area, and repeat for desired reps.