Who loves body scrubs?
I do, I do!
However, they can get expensive depending on where you purchase them from. Personally, I love making my very own!
My favorite involves my addiction: caffeine!
Whaaat? How does caffeine play into a body scrub?
The “caffeine” works on skin in three primary ways: as a vasoconstrictor, an antioxidant, and a diuretic, making it perfect for buffing your skin to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- 1 c freshly ground coffee
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c sea salt
- 1/2 c coconut oil (olive oil works fine too as long as its extra virgin)
- In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together and store in a mason jar!
- Use once per week in the shower with a body brush or just using your hands.
- Wash off thoroughly with warm water.