After seeing tons upon tons of DIY workout t-shirt tutorials, I decided to make my own! What I love about this tutorial is that it is SUPER easy and only requires two things: an old t-shirt and a pair of scissors!
I had lots of fun making my workout shirt and I cannot wait to use up old shirts and do the same thing to them also!
Here is how you can make your own DIY workout shirt:
- Begin this DIY project with a normal old tee shirt that you do not mind practicing on in case you mess up.
- Start by cutting off the sleeves, the collar, and the bottom of the shirt.
- You can then trim it up neater if you would like; however, the tee is meant to be imperfect and a little messy! As you can see, I trimmed mine down in the front and I also made the straps a little thinner by cutting away more of the fabric.
- Now, turn the shirt around and you are going to cut the back of it, downward and into a V shape-like a V neck, but in the back.
- After cutting the V into the back of the shirt, take the string of fabric that you had cut from the bottom of the tee in step #2 and loop it through the straps near the top.
- Next, tie a knot. Then take one end of the strap and twist around the back straps-all the way down, leaving about an inch or two left of the string unraveled.
- Then, do the same with the other half of the string, but going the opposite direction, leaving an inch or two unraveled. Take those two ends and tie a knot.
- Lastly, you can cut the bottom and trim up the shirt to your liking! And that is all!