Do you suffer from dry or cracked heels? Well, two very common household items may just be your cure!
I am sure most of you have probably seen this DIY beauty hack floating around Pinterest and wondered if it truly worked.
Supposedly, mixing equal parts of distilled white vinegar & mouthwash are supposed to slough off dry, dead skin and leave your feet feeling and looking better than ever!
This is supposedly also the end result:
Very interesting! So I decided to try it for myself. Here is the recipe:
2 Ingredient DIY Heel Softener
- 1 cup Listerine
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups water (ok so this is technically a THIRD ingredient, but come on, water is usually readily available)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Submerge the heels and bottoms of both feet for 15 minutes.
- Scrub your feet with your favorite foot scrub to get the dead skin off.
- Rise & dry!
IT DID WORK! It really did. I was amazed as I was totally NOT expecting this to make any difference. Not sure how or why it works, but the dead skin was easier to buff off after the soak.
Here are my results: