There are two common misconceptions when it comes to fat:
- Fat makes you, well, fat.
- Fat is bad for you.
What if I were to tell you that those two statements are merely the truth?
Yes, fat IS good for you. Like carbs are good for you and like protein is good for you. Your body NEEDS fat-just watch out for the type of fats that you do consume.
No, fat WON'T make you fat. Just like carbs won't make you fat and protein won't make you fat. Eating an excess of calories per day and leaving them unburned by physical exercise will make you fat. Moderation, people.
It all just depends on what fats you eat and what fats you steer clear from. Nowadays, scientists are even claiming that some certain saturated fats are good for you. But, what truly holds the key to your nutrition is moderation.
Don't cut out fats completeley from your diet-there are way too many benefits!
7 Reasons Why FAT Is Good For You
- Improves Your Immune System
- Supplies the Body With Essential Nutrients
- Regulates Your Hormones
- Improves Feelings of Satiety
- Provides Energy & Energy Storage
- Promotes Fat Burn
- Promotes Muscle Building
With that being said, here are some great sources of fat to choose add to your diet:
- Grass fed meat and butter
- Whole eggs
- Chia seeds
- Nuts & Nut Butters
- Flax seeds & oil
- Peanut Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive Oil
Without a doubt, always steer CLEAR from Trans Fats:
- Frozen Pizzas
- Stick Margarines
- Commericially fried foods
- Pretty much anything that's processed or that contains partially hydrogenated oils aka "junk foods"