I came across this acne mask on Pinterest the other day and it stated that it's main ingredient-Aspirin- could solve all of your acne issues.
I thought, "wow, could this possibly work?"
Let's break down Aspirin for one moment. Aspirin contains the primary ingredient in almost every acne mask or treatment on the market: you guessed it, Salicyclic Acid!
This chemical is used topically to treat acne by encouraging the shedding of old skin cells. Basically, it "dries" up your pimples-if you ever notice that weird feeling after you have used an acne scrub or wash. Salicyclic acid also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Most acne treatments tend to be costly so this is definitely a cheaper method to help combat your acne once and for all!
Image Source: Dena Julia
Ok, so I lied. This magic acne mask contains two ingredients:
- 3 tablets Aspirin (generic brand works fine)
- Few drops of distilled water
All you do is this:
- Hold the aspirin tablets in the palm of your hand.
- Apply a few drops of water to the tablets, until you notice the tablets are starting to dissolve.
- You may rub the tablets around in your hand to help speed up the process (this does not take too long anyway).
- Apply to affected areas, pimples, or blackheads.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes and rinse dry.
Precaution: Since this is a medication, do not use this or consult with your doctor first if you are pregnant, nursing, have issues with blood thinning, or have Reye’s disease. Discontinue use if you experience irritation as some people are allergic to aspirin. Although the rate of absorption is slower through the skin, aspirin WILL absorp into your so keep advised dosage amounts in mind. I am a peer and not a medical professional, and my advice should not be taken as medical advice.