Article originally adapted from Harper's Bazaar "Look Thinner Tonight".
If you indulged a little bit over Thanksgiving and Christmas, you might be worried about how you are going to look for that New Year's Eve party to celebreate the last day of 2014. There is no way to "get skinny" overnight and the goal shouldn't be to "get skinny," but to improve your overall appearance to enhance your best assests while muting the ones that you are insecure about.
Here are five ways to look leaner by tomorrow:
1. Sweat and Soak: Take a trip to the sauna and sweat out all of your toxins that might be causing you to bloat. Adding one cup of Epsom salt in your nightly bath tub is great for soothing sore muscles, but it also works wonders for drawing out excess water from your cells.
2. Tanning and Contouring: It is no secret that tanning adds a leaner appearance to your overall body. but with the right stragetic contouring, you can look your very best. Tanning also brings out your definition and muscular features.
3. Practice Good Posture: While standing, lift your butt as you shift your weight to your heels. Next, bring your rib cage up so your shoulders move back and open. Finally, gently draw the muscles running from your navel to your pubic bone back, in, and down. This will help you to look taller and thinner while also improving the quality of your back health!
4. Eat Lean: Stick primarily to lean protein, veggies, and fruits. Avoid grains and dairy. Complex carbs cause the body to hold water, and dairy is slow to digest which can lead to unwanted bloating. Also, eat smaller meals often to help your body to digest the meals faster.
5. Avoid Carbonated Beverages: Carbonated or fizzy drinks have extra air in them that can bloat you. It is important to drink plenty of fluids, but in small quantities, so sip, don’t gulp. And drink only still water, milk or milky coffees
For more diet tips to look leaner by tomorrow, click the image below!