- The Gluteus Maximus
- The Gluteus Medius
- The Gluteus Minimus
The best exercises for the Gluteus Maximus:
1. Step Ups:
- Start by stepping onto the bench with your left foot.
- Then, bring your right foot up and lift the right leg to a 90-degree angle (shown in the photo above); lower your right foot down to tap the floor. Be sure your left foot never moves as you bend and straighten your right knee.
- This completes one rep.
2. One Legged Deadlifts
- Position one arm out in front of your body.
- Stand with feet together. Lift leg slightly so foot is just off floor.
- Lower outreached arm to floor while raising lifted leg back behind. Keep back straight and knee of supporting leg slightly bend. Keep hip and knee of lifted leg extended throughout movement.
- Once stretch is felt or your fingertips contacts floor, return to original position by raising torso while lowering lifted leg.
- Straighten knee of supporting leg as torso becomes upright. Repeat.
3. Side Lunges
- Stand with your feet and knees together.
- Take a large step with your right foot to the right side and lunge toward the floor. Make sure your right knee does not extend past your toes and keep your left leg relatively straight.
- Push off through your right foot to return to the start to complete one.
The best exercises for the Gluteus Medius:
- Lie flat on the floor on your back with the hands by your side and your knees bent. Your feet should be placed around shoulder width. This will be your starting position.
- Pushing mainly with your heels, lift your hips off the floor while keeping your back straight.
- Breathe out as you perform this part of the motion and hold at the top for a second.
- Slowly go back to the starting position as you breathe in.
2. Standing Forward Leg Raises
- Stand next to a chair or other support, holding on with one hand.
- Swing your leg forward, keeping the leg straight. Continue with a downward swing, bringing the leg as far back as your flexibility allows. Repeat 5-10 times, and then switch legs.
3. One Legged Squat
- Stand with arms extended out in front. Balance on one leg with opposite leg extended straight leg forward as high as possible.
- Squat down as far as possible while keeping leg elevated off of floor. Keep back straight and supporting knee pointed same direction as foot supporting.
- Raise body back up to original position until knee and hip of supporting leg is straight.
- Repeat and continue with opposite leg.
The best exercises for the Gluteus Minimus:
- Lie on your side. Rest your head on your arm or hand as shown.
- Bend hips to approximately 45 degrees and bend your knees at 90 degrees. Make sure one hip is lying above the other. You should now be well aligned- your feet should be in line with your back.
- Take a deep breath in and as you exhale set your core muscles.
- Inhale and whilst exhaling float the upper leg upwards while keeping your feet in contact with one another.
- Inhale and as you exhale bring the leg down to the starting position.
2. Side Lying Leg Raises
- Come to the floor and lie on your right side. Bend your right elbow and place your head in your right palm.
- Make a straight line from your right elbow to your right heel.
- Place your left hand on the floor in front of your chest. Slowly lift your left leg into the air as high as you can.
- Keep your left hip extended and your left leg straight. Pause at the top.
- Slowly lower your leg down but do not let it touch your right leg. Repeat on the other side.
3. Side Planks
- Lie on your right side with your legs straight.
- Prop yourself up with your right forearm so your body forms a diagonal line. Rest your left hand on your hip.
- Brace your abs and hold for 60 seconds. If you can't make it to 60 seconds, hold for 5 to 10 seconds and rest for 5; continue for 1 minute.
- Be sure your hips and knees stay off the floor.
Want to build a better body in just 12 weeks? Check out my Fit Mommy Workout Bundle!
Bundle & Save BIG!
In this bundle, you will receive:
-Butt & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program
-Armed & Fabulous 4 Week Home Program
-Ab & Core Attach 4 Week Home Program
-Eat Clean, Get Lean 4 Week Meal Plan
All programs are bodyweight exercises only-NO GYM REQUIRED! You can simply do these at home within the comfort of your own home.
Features 4 weeks of high-resolution step-by-step pictures and an exercise directory.
*The Armed & Fabulous program does require one set of dumbbells only.
Jumpstart your weightloss with this 4 week clean eating meal plan! With over 60 easy-to-make recipes, you are sure to enjoy the world of clean eating while losing those few extra pounds.
"Can I do all 3 workout programs together?" Absolutely! You can actually alternate them and do your butt program one day, arms the next, and then abs. Then start over!