Some of us are not able to squat. It could be due to bad knees or an old injury. Whatever your issue may be, rest assured that it IS possible to get a nice butt without the use of SQUATS!
Here are 5 great alternatives to work your booty without a single squat!
1. The Clam (3 sets of 15 reps)
- Lie on your side. Rest your head on your arm or hand as shown.
- Bend hips to approximately 45 degrees and bend your knees at 90 degrees. Make sure one hip is lying above the other. You should now be well aligned- your feet should be in line with your back.
- Take a deep breath in and as you exhale set your core muscles.
- Inhale and whilst exhaling float the upper leg upwards while keeping your feet in contact with one another.
- Inhale and as you exhale bring the leg down to the starting position.
2. The Glute Bridge (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Lie flat on the floor on your back with the hands by your side and your knees bent. Your feet should be placed around shoulder width. This will be your starting position.
- Pushing mainly with your heels, lift your hips off the floor while keeping your back straight.
- Breathe out as you perform this part of the motion and hold at the top for a second.
- Slowly go back to the starting position as you breathe in.
3. Single Legged Deadlifts (3 sets of 12 reps)
- Position one arm out in front of your body.
- Stand with feet together. Lift leg slightly so foot is just off floor.
- Lower outreached arm to floor while raising lifted leg back behind. Keep back straight and knee of supporting leg slightly bend. Keep hip and knee of lifted leg extended throughout movement.
- Once stretch is felt or your fingertips contacts floor, return to original position by raising torso while lowering lifted leg.
- Straighten knee of supporting leg as torso becomes upright. Repeat.
4. Step Ups (3 sets of 15 reps)
- Start by stepping onto the bench with your left foot.
- Then, bring your right foot up and lift the right leg to a 90-degree angle (shown in the photo above); lower your right foot down to tap the floor. Be sure your left foot never moves as you bend and straighten your right knee.
- This completes one rep.
5. Standing Forward Leg Raises (3 sets of 20 reps)
- Stand next to a chair or other support, holding on with one hand.
- Swing your leg forward, keeping the leg straight. Continue with a downward swing, bringing the leg as far back as your flexibility allows. Repeat 5-10 times, and then switch legs.
Want to build a better body in just 12 weeks? Check out my Fit Mommy Workout Bundle!
Bundle & Save BIG!
In this bundle, you will receive:
-Butt & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program
-Armed & Fabulous 4 Week Home Program
-Ab & Core Attach 4 Week Home Program
-Eat Clean, Get Lean 4 Week Meal Plan
All programs are bodyweight exercises only-NO GYM REQUIRED! You can simply do these at home within the comfort of your own home.
Features 4 weeks of high-resolution step-by-step pictures and an exercise directory.
*The Armed & Fabulous program does require one set of dumbbells only.
Jumpstart your weightloss with this 4 week clean eating meal plan! With over 60 easy-to-make recipes, you are sure to enjoy the world of clean eating while losing those few extra pounds.
"Can I do all 3 workout programs together?" Absolutely! You can actually alternate them and do your butt program one day, arms the next, and then abs. Then start over!