Whether you are hiiting or lifting, sometimes an injury happens unexpectedly. This is when an ice pack comes in handy; however, most of us do not keep one in our homes because, well, we just do not think about it... until the boo-boo's happen. Icing is great for injuries.
Remember the RICE technique?
- R – REST
- I – ICE
- C- Compression
- E- Elevation
Here is how to make your own homemade ice pack without any mess or fuss.
- 1 large ziplock freezer bag
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol
- food coloring or glitter (optional-just for fun, especially if you have kids)
- Fill the large ziplock bag with the water and alcohol.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 5 hours. Make sure the bag is laying down when you freeze it!
- Use when boo-boo's occur!