Christmas is around the corner and I have a simple, cheap, and clever DIY Christmas gift for you to try this year. Sharpie mugs are on the rise and you can personalize them however you want.
I decided to make each one of my family members their own cup this year and I cannot wait to give them out!
Here's what to do:
- Buy some white mugs. I found that the Dollar Tree has lots... for a dollar each!
- Buy a sharpie. For long-lasting results, choose oil-based paint sharpie markers. Regular sharpie ink can come off even after baking.
- Pick a design. This is the absolute fun part of the project because the options are endless! You can put quotes, sayings, or even drawings onto your cup.
- Let your mug dry. Let your mug dry for a few hours or overnight before baking.
- Bake your mug. Bake the mug in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F. Remember to place the mug in the oven before it heats up and leave it in until the oven cools completely so there won't be any cracks. Do this step twice.
- Hand wash and enjoy. Gently hand wash your new designer mug since the dishwasher may fade or ruin your artwork.