Here is a tutorial that takes less than 5 minutes to complete. It is a clever way to recycle your old tees to make headbands for your future workouts. These turban style headbands also double as wonderful working sweatbands!
Here is what you'll need:
- An old tee. I like using spaghetti straps or camis.
- A pair of scissors
- Measuring tape
Here is how to make your very own no-sew turban style workout headband:
1. Grab your old tee and lay it out flat on the floor, matching up the seams.
2. Cut about 6-8 inches of fabric out to use for your headband, cutting the bottom seam off completely. The width honestly depends on how skinny or thick you would like your headband to be. My advice? Experiment and try different widths!
3. Pulling your fabric piece tightly, twist it into a figure 8.
4. Twist a figure 8 once more.
5. Fold your fabric in half.
6. Grab your piece of fabric, making sure the knot that you created from the figure 8's is in the front. Pull open.
7. Place onto your head as high or as low as you want it!
Try different prints, fabrics, and variations.