Who loves planks?
Here are 4 killer variations that will set your abs on fire!
Plank with Leg Lifts
- Get into plank position on your forearms with your abs in tight.
- Engage your glutes to lift and hold one foot a few inches off the floor, foot flexed.
- Repeat and then switch legs.
- Start in a standard plank with your legs together.
- Jump your feet out as if you were doing a horizontal jumping jack.
- Jump feet back together. Don't move your arms!
- Repeat as if your feet are doing jumping jacks, but your arms are completely stationary.
One Arm Planks
- Start in standard plank position.
- Slowly lift your right arm, extending it out in front of you.
- Keep your back flat and reach far in front of you.
- Hold for as long as you can.
- Repeat with left arm.
Knee to Elbow Planks
- Start with a standard plank.
- Slowly bring your right knee toward the outside of your right elbow.
- Hold for 2-3 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
Here is a video demonstrating the 4 moves: