Sure, setting a passcode is great idea, but sometimes even that is not enough.
When you are busy cooking dinner, on a long drive to a vacation, or on a conference call from home, giving your toddler your iPad or iPhone to play with may be your only hope for the next 5 minutes. Here is how to disable the hardware buttons and let your child play in just one app-without messing things completely up!
- Go into your iPhone or iPad settings app.
- Click on "General."
- Next, click on "Assessibility."
- Find the "Guided Assessibility" option and turn it to "on."
- Set your passcode (just for this feature).
- Go to the app you want to lock such as YouTube, Disney Junior, Nickelodeon, etc.
- Triple tap the home button to activate the guided access feature.
- Select options to turn touch, motion, and the hardware buttons OFF.
- Let your baby play.
- When finished, triple tap the home button to turn the guided access off.