Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sia's from Diary of a Fit Mommy's Nutrition Plan

The food you put in your body determines your fitness success.

Clearly, if you want to lose weight, you must lower your caloric intake and change the types of foods you consume.

I have friends who can swig down a can of Coke or eat a cupcake for breakfast and think nothing of it and say, "I am not ready to give it up." That is fine-that is their choice and how they feel afterwards is a reflection of their poor choices.

Personally, I want my body to run on the best possible fuel I can give it and so I strive to eat clean all year round. I love the way it makes me feel. I love the way it energizes me and I love eating whole foods.

My diet is 90% clean; the other foods that make up the other 10% are creamer in my coffee and the occasional hot cocoa since it's winter. I keep carbohydrates coming from whole grains fairly low and I eat a lot of veggies. My fruits and sugars stay low too, consuming less than 35 g daily.

Here is a sample of my daily diet plan:

Meal 1: 6am

  • 1-2 cups coffee with creamer
  • 4 boiled egg whites
  • 1 piece Ezekiel bread toast
  • 1/2 cup of berries
Meal 2: 9am
  • 2 scoops Labrada Lean Body for Her Peanut Protein
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • Almonds
Meal 3: 12pm
  • 1 baked chicken breast, skinless and seasoned
  • Baked asparagus
  • 1 small sweet potato
Meal 4: 3pm
  • 2 filets of tilapia 
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 5: 6pm
  • Satueed whole green beans
  • 1 filet salmon
  • Roasted veggies

Meal 6: 9pm
  • 2 scoops Casein Protein
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...