Have you ever heard that couples who workout together, stay together?
We are each other's cheerleaders.
We coach each other to keep going, never giving up.
We keep each other motivated when we want to skip a workout.
Your partner in your love life can actually be the best workout partner in your fitness life as well!
Family fitness does not stop there, you can even include your baby in this 5 minute mommy & baby workout!
Here are 5 routines that you and your partner can enjoy together!
1. Partner Planks
- Lie on your stomach, facing your partner.
- Keep elbows under shoulders, palms flat on floor, and toes tucked under.
- Using your abdominals, elevate your torso and reach forward with your right hand to touch your partner’s right hand.
- Switch arms.
- Gently lower your body back to the ground.
- That’s one repetition; complete 12 total.
2. Manual Resisted Push-Ups
- Get in the standard push-up position: back straight, abs tight, hands shoulder-width apart, up on your toes. Your partner faces the same direction and straddles your back, pressing on your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows to lower your upper body while your partner applies just enough pressure to force you to resist the downward motion.
- When you come to an inch or so away from the floor, press back up to the start. Your partner continues to press your shoulders downward, resisting your upward movement.
- Repeat for 10 reps with 3 sets.
3. Medicine Ball Partner Pass
- Kneel on the floor back-to-back, and slowly twist to one side to hand the ball off to your partner (who should be turning toward you).
- Then twist to the other side as they turn to hand the ball back to you.
- Continue passing the ball in that direction for 60-90 seconds, and then repeat the exercise in reverse.
4. Assisted Pistol Squats
- Stand 2 feet from your partner, facing each other.
- Hold each other's wrists.
- Lift and extend opposite legs.
- Support & lower each other into a one legged squat.
- Return to start and repeat for 12 reps.
5. Double Lunge
- Stand facing your partner, about an arm’s length apart, and hold each other’s hands.
- Lunge forward with your right leg as your partner lunges backward with their left leg.
- Reverse the motion, lunging backward with your right leg as your partner lunges forward with their left.
- Complete 10-12 reps, then switch sides.
Here is a killer couple routine that is definitely NOT for beginners, but pretty entertaining to watch.
Now grab your partner and get to work!
Photo source: Tumblr