I knew it wouldn't be easy, but then again I was not doing very much to help my goal. Taking care of a newborn and the lack of sleep made me want to sit on the couch and just relax. But over time, my abdominal muscles started to disappear and I appeared more bloated than ever.
I had done a 30 day challenge previously for my glutes and that went great! So, for the next month, I had decided to focus on ABS!
Here is a fun little workout that you can do in addition to my 12 week home workout bundle!
I did the following 4 exercises every night before bed for each day for 30 days: 10 reps each, 3 sets each.
1. Reverse Crunch
- Lie on the floor and place hands on the floor or behind the head.
- Bring the knees in towards the chest until they're bent to 90 degrees, with feet together or crossed.
- Contract the abs to curl the hips off the floor, reaching the legs up towards the ceiling.
- Lower and repeat.
- It's a very small movement, so try to use your abs to lift your hips rather than swinging your legs and creating momentum.
2. Side Jackknife
- Lie on your left side on an exercise mat with your legs extended straight downward and the right leg on top of the left. Place your left hand on your abdominals. Place your right hand behind your head. This is your starting position.
- Raise your right let straight in the air while simultaneously raising your torso, bringing your right elbow toward your right leg.
- Hold for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat for a complete set and then switch sides.
3. Scissor Lifts
- Raise both legs toward the ceiling.
- Keeping them straight, lower your left leg until it’s about six inches off the floor.
- Lift your head and shoulders off the floor and grasp the back of your right leg, gently pulling it toward you.
- Switch legs and repeat on other side.
- Quickly complete 10 reps (no pausing!)
As far as diet goes, I firmly believe that abs are made in the kitchen. You can workout all day long, but if all you are putting into your body is garbage then garbage is what you will get in return. Think of your body as a nice, new shiny car. You wouldn't put cheap gas in a new BMW, right? You would only want to put the very best into your car to keep it running smoothly and properly because it is important to you. Well, your body shouldn't be any different!
If fact, you should do everything you can to make sure your body is getting exactly what it needs! Steer clear of processed junk. I heard a tip long ago from a nutritionist who said to stay away from the middle aisles at the grocery store. Makes sense!
At 5 months postpartum, I have never felt or looked better!
Want to build a better body in just 12 weeks? Check out my Fit Mommy Workout Bundle!
Bundle & Save BIG!
In this bundle, you will receive:
-Butt & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program
-Armed & Fabulous 4 Week Home Program
-Ab & Core Attach 4 Week Home Program
-Eat Clean, Get Lean 4 Week Meal Plan
All programs are bodyweight exercises only-NO GYM REQUIRED! You can simply do these at home within the comfort of your own home.
Features 4 weeks of high-resolution step-by-step pictures and an exercise directory.
*The Armed & Fabulous program does require one set of dumbbells only.
Jumpstart your weightloss with this 4 week clean eating meal plan! With over 60 easy-to-make recipes, you are sure to enjoy the world of clean eating while losing those few extra pounds.
"Can I do all 3 workout programs together?" Absolutely! You can actually alternate them and do your butt program one day, arms the next, and then abs. Then start over!