Thighs. What a problem area to some women! Sometimes, it seems that no matter what you do, this typical area cannot be toned or tightened. However, that is not the case.
As women, our hormones allow us to become more predisposed to storing fat around our midsection, hips, buttocks, and THIGHS! With a clean diet low in processed foods and the right exercises, you can help overcome the appearance of "thunder thighs."
There is no way to spot reduce. I know what you are thinking. Yes, that is true. However, there are specific exercises out there to tone your entire thighs-including the inside!
These are what I like to call the 5 S's to "Thunderless Thighs" workout.
- Stand with your feet and knees together.
- Take a large step with your right foot to the right side and lunge toward the floor.
- Make sure your right knee does not extend past your toes and keep your left leg relatively straight.
- Push off through your right foot to return to the start to complete one.
- Do three sets of 12 on each side.
- From a standing position with feet shoulder-width apart, slowly step your left leg back diagonally behind your right leg.
- Lower into a lunge until your knee almost touches the floor.
- Return to standing and reverse the movement, stepping the right leg behind your left and lowering into the lunge.
- Complete 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Lie on your left side with your legs extended and on top of each other.
- Bend your left arm and place it under your head for support and place your right hand on the floor in front of you.
- Engage your abdominals and glutes and raise your right leg up about 30 degrees and hold it in this position.
- Lift your left leg off the floor and bring it up toward your right leg.
- Pause two seconds and slowly return both legs to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise eight to 12 times before switching sides, and try to complete three sets.
- Stand with your feet wider than hip-width apart, toes slightly turned out, holding a medicine ball in front of your chest.
- Squat down as low as you can, keeping your heels on the ground and your back straight.
- Press back up to standing. That's one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
- Do 3 sets of 12 reps.