When I was pregnant, I had such a bubble butt! I absolutely loved the little extra padding down there. However, when I gave birth and starting breastfeeding, my bubble popped and I ended up with a booty as flat as a flapjack pancake! Where on Earth did my derriere go?
While breastfeeding, it was hard enough to take in extra calories as I burned so much. I ended up losing a lot of my muscle tone that I once had! I decided that I had to do something. My pants were not fitting as nice as they once did!
I always heard that squats were the way to go, but I hated them. Truth is, I had gotten pure lazy. Taking care of a newborn was exhausting enough that I had put my workouts on the back-burner for a couple of months. But one day, I woke up and figured it was time and either now or never. I had to force myself to love squats and what better way to do that than introducing myself to new variations? By trying different versions of this classic workout, I kept it fresh and fun without any boredom. By the end of the month, I looked forward to doing them!
Here is a fun little workout that you can do in addition to my 12 week home workout bundle!
1. Pistol Squat
- Stand holding your arms straight out in front of your body at shoulder level, parallel to the floor.
- Raise your right leg off the floor and hold it there.
- Flex your right ankle so that your toes are higher than your heel.
- Your right leg should be straight.
- Brace your core.
- Push your hips back and lower your body as far as you can.
- As you lower your body, raise your right leg so that it doesn't touch the floor.
- Pause, then push your body back to the starting position.
- Keep your torso as upright as possible.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms hanging at your sides.
- Squat down until your knees are bent about 90 degrees.
- Immediately swing your arms overhead and jump upward as high as you can.
- As you land, gently bend your knees and sink back down into the squat position.
- Begin in a wide stance with toes out at a comfortable angle. Your knees will need to stay alined with your toes, so don't go out too far.
- To add weight you can hold dumbbells on the upper thighs, a single dumbbell in front or a barbell on the shoulders or behind the head.
- Bend the knees and lower down into a squat, keeping knees in line with toes, abs contracted and back straight.
- Only go down as low as you can without compromising your flexibility or your balance.
- Push back to start without locking the knees.
On top of squats, I also did this 14 Day Bubble Butt Challenge-but doubled it to last at least 30 days long! I did this upon waking up each morning for 30 days after my morning sprint/jog intervals (this counted as my cardio).
As far as diet goes, I also began eating MORE-not less! I still stuck with a clean diet for fat loss, but I upped my calories a good 700 per day. In order to build my booty back, I had to increase muscle mass. Too little calories will starve your muscles and lead to atrophy-which was happening to my glutes upon giving birth because I was burning calories and not putting them back into my body. Inactivity also caused this!
I aimed for increasing my protein, in general, to at least 1 gram per 1 pound of my body weight. This helped a lot! And yes-I ate carbs and lots of them (whole/complete grains). I do not think I could live without carbs while breastfeeding or I would be a zombie! I did lower my sugar intake (no candy, sweets, most fruit, etc).
Want to build a better body in just 12 weeks? Check out my Fit Mommy Workout Bundle!
Bundle & Save BIG!
In this bundle, you will receive:
-Butt & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program
-Armed & Fabulous 4 Week Home Program
-Ab & Core Attach 4 Week Home Program
-Eat Clean, Get Lean 4 Week Meal Plan
All programs are bodyweight exercises only-NO GYM REQUIRED! You can simply do these at home within the comfort of your own home.
Features 4 weeks of high-resolution step-by-step pictures and an exercise directory.
*The Armed & Fabulous program does require one set of dumbbells only.
Jumpstart your weightloss with this 4 week clean eating meal plan! With over 60 easy-to-make recipes, you are sure to enjoy the world of clean eating while losing those few extra pounds.
"Can I do all 3 workout programs together?" Absolutely! You can actually alternate them and do your butt program one day, arms the next, and then abs. Then start over!