Well, there are many variances, but this is the basic simple version:
- Begin in a standing position. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart. Now, lower your body into a squatting position, placing your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back so that you are in push-up position. Keep your hands firmly on the ground to support your body.
- Lower your chest to do a push-up. Bring your chest back up.
- Kick your feet back to their original position. Stand up, and then jump into the air while clapping your arms overhead.
Here are 5 tips to helping you better your burpees today:
- Do not pause or rest-keep moving! This helps you build your endurance. If you want to start running, you don't want to run one lap and quit. The same goes with burpees. Create your own pace!
- Clear your mind. When you have what feels like a thousand and one burpees to do, shut your damn mind off. If you think about how hard it's going to be then guess what? It's going to be pretty damn hard. Tell yourself you can do this and put your iPod on or focus your mind on something else other than how much you hate burpees for that second.
- Don't forget to breathe! So many people actually tend to hold their breath or only partially breathe during this circuit. This is a HUGE endurance killer. Everyone has their own breathing pattern when they are hiitting hard-find yours.
- Check your form. As burpees continue on, you tend to become tired. Yes, that is the point. But, your form tends to become half assed as well. Be aware of this! You could potentially hurt yourself or in the very least, be wasting your own time.
- Practice makes perfect. Try this 7 day burpee challenge to improve your endurance in just one week!
And don't forget that fall is coming...