My husband and I decided to get a little crafty today after I found a recipe on Pinterest for a DIY blackhead removing mask-one that only contains 2 ingredients: honey and baking soda! We decided to test it out.
The recipe is as follows:
- 3 tbsp organic raw honey
- 2 tbsp Arm & Hammer baking soda
- Stir the mixture in a small bowl.
- Immediately apply to face, rubbing in a circular motion.
- Leave the mask on for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
*if you paste is too thick, add a tbsp or two of warm water and that will help make it a bit easier to apply!
I kept my mask on for ten minutes because the way it made my face feel slightly bugged me. My husband kept his on for the whole entire 30 minutes.
My face was incredibly soft even though I did not leave mine on and my husband's was even softer. I noticed a lot of the redness (patches, rashes) on my face were no longer visible and my husband's blackheads around his nose were practically gone.
It's a win!