Complete 3 sets for a complete workout.
20 Oblique V-ups
- Lie on your left side, legs angled 30 degrees from your hips.
- Rest your left arm on the floor and put your right hand behind your head
- Lift your straight legs off the floor, bringing your torso toward your legs
- Slowly return to start.
30 Mountain Climbers
- Start the exercise by lying face down on the floor.
- Straighten out your arms and then touch your knees down to the ground or floor.
- Now you are ready to lift yourself up into position. When doing this, be sure that your hands are directly under your chest at a width that is slightly more than your shoulder length distance.
- Once you have settled into position and checked the position of your hands you should be sure to keep your legs stretched out, ensuring that they are properly lined up with the rest of your body. Pay special attention to your knees as many people tend to create a gap here but that should be avoided. If the recommended position is uncomfortable for you, it is alright to modify it slightly as long as you maintain the correct posture.
- Now you should stretch out your left leg for stability. Bend your right knee and bring it up in the direction of your right hand. At this point, you should be in a similar position to the one you would be in if you were climbing a mountain or tree (hence the name) except horizontal instead of vertical.
- After bringing your right knee up, return it to the original position and do the previous step with your left leg. (Once again, bend the left knee and bring it up towards the left hand mimicking the actions of a mountain climber)
60 second Side Plank
- Lay down on your side so that only your forearm and the side of your foot are touching the ground.
- Make your body into a straight line (side plank position).
- Bend at the waist and lower your hip towards the ground and then back up again.
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions and then switch sides.
25 Dumbbell Side Bends
- Grasp a set of dumbbells. Stand straight up with one dumbbell in each hand, palms facing in.
- Keep your feet firmly on the floor with a shoulder width stance.
- Keeping your back straight and your eyes facing forwards, bend down to the right as far as you can, then back up again.
- Without pausing at the top, bend down to the left.
- Repeat for desired reps.
15 Russian Twists
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot from your butt.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important, and difficult, to keep your back straight, but don’t let it curve.
- Place your arms straight out in front of you with your hands one on top of the other. Your hands should be level with the bottom of your ribcage.
- Pull your navel to your spine and twist slowly to the left. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center and rotate to the right. This completes one rep.