Medicine balls can be quite pricey, depending on the weight and brand, but did you know that you can make your own for fairly cheap? You can make your own ball by using items from a thrift store or even some of your household items that are laying around in your garage!
DIY Medicine Ball
Here's what you need!
- 1 basketball (check out local thrift stores as they usually have TONS)
- 1 knife (preferably a utility knife, but you may even use scissors)
- 1 funnel (or you can cut a water bottle in half and use that)
- 1 filler (this can be whatever you want: sand, flour, sugar, pellets, etc)
- 1 sealer (most people use duct tape, but you can use tire sealant, rubber cement, tube patch repair kit, or even an adhesive sealer such as liquid nails, etc)
- 1 roll duct tape
- 1 scale (optional)
Here's what to do!
- Drain the air out of the basketball before attempting to cut it.
- Cut a small slit in the ball-large enough for the funnel, but not too big of a pain in the ass to try and seal later.
- Insert your funnel and fill your ball up. If you have a specific weight in mind, have a scale nearby to weigh your ball.
- Patch the hole using your preferred method.
- Duct tape the entire ball for added stability.f
- Try this 5 minute medicine ball workout!
Featured image source: Ninja Diva