Here are some of my favorite moves! Enjoy!
1. MEDICINE BALL SQUATS
2. CLEAN & JERKS
- Straddle medicine ball with feet slightly wider apart than shoulder width.
- Squat down with arm extended downward between legs and grasp medicine ball.
- Position shoulder over medicine ball with taut low back and trunk close to vertical.
- Now for the clean. Pull medicine ball up off floor by extending hips and knees.
- Once medicine ball is off of ground vigorously raise shoulder above medicine ball while keeping it close to body.
- Jump upward extending body.
- Raise shoulder and pull medicine ball upward with arm allowing elbow to bend out to side, keeping medicine ball close to body.
- Drop under medicine ball , rotating arm under medicine ball.
- Catch medicine ball on outside of arm with wrist straight while moving into partial squat position.
- And for the jerk-Explosively drive upward with legs, driving medicine ball up off arm.
- Drop body downward and by bending knees as fast as possible while vigorously extending arm upward with wrist straight.
- Extend both legs.
- Lower medicine ball to front side of body catching it on side of arm with wrist straight while initiating squat position.
- Decelerate decent of squat to absorb weight of fallen medicine ball then immediately straighten legs.
- Drop medicine ball by pulling elbow back.
- When arm straightens decelerate decent of medicine ball, lower medicine ball to ground between legs while squatting down with taut lower back and trunk close to vertical.
3. RUSSIAN TWISTS
4. MEDICINE BALL SIT UPS