Though summer is right around the corner, I still love a good bowl of chili to get my protein and fiber fix. There's nothing that I love more than using my trusty ole crockpot to make it!
Here is my recipe for a very easy crockpot turkey chili:
- 1 cup dry black beans
- 1 cup dry pinto beans
- 1 cup dry kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 2 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- salt/pepper to taste
- Soak the beans in a large pot overnight. Drain and place into the crockpot.
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet. Drain and place into the crockpot.
- Dump the rest of the ingredients in and stir.
- Cook on HI for 4 hours, stirring every hour.
- Salt/pepper to taste.
Calories in 1 cup: 250
Calories from fat 95