Throw the BBQ flavored chips away-I have something even better and tastier for you!
The Garbanzo bean aka "Chickpea" is high in fiber, Manganese, Folate, and antioxidants. This bean also helps to regulate your blood sugar, decreases your cardiovascular risks, and increases satiety so you do not feel the need to snack as much.
Here is a crunchy and healthy little snack that you are sure to love:
- 4 cups chickpeas (cooked from dry)
- 1/2 cup organic BBQ sauce (I prefer Annie's brand)
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbso onion powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss chickpeas together with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread the chickpeas in a thin layer over a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chickpeas are crunchy and golden.