When it comes to a total body workout, plenty of us tend to forget about our backside because we are too focused on our butts, abs, and legs. A sexy back not only adds some spice to any backless outfit, but it can also strengthen your muscles to prevent future injury and might just take your back aches away. A strong back is essential so don't ignore it!
Here are 3 simple moves to get your back ready for bikini season:
1. Dumbbell Pull Overs
- Lie flat on a bench with a dumbbell raised straight up over your chest— hold it so that your palms are pressing up on the top disc.
- Keep your core tight and lower the dumbbell behind your head, slightly below the height of the bench.
- With your arms straight, contract your lats and pull the the weight up back to start. Repeat. You can also do pullovers on a stability ball, or perpendicular do a bench with your hips raised (it’s more difficult and engages the core more).
- Lie flat on the ground with your arms extended in front of your face.
- Raise your legs, chest, and arms off the ground and squeeze your lower back.
- Hold the squeeze for 10 seconds and lower back down to start.
3. Renedgade Dumbbell Rows
- Assume push up position with two dumbbells (neutral grip).
- While keeping your core tight and back flat, powerfully row your right arm up until it’s slightly above your torso. Don’t rotate your body.
- Hold the contraction for 10 seconds, return to the bottom and repeat for the opposite arm.
Photo Source: Women's Health Mag