My medicine ball has become one of my favorite at home pieces of gym equipment-I actually own two, in different sizes to use for different moves. I have learned that they can be essential in bum and ab exercises-especially the abs! Here are 4 moves that attack those abs while using a medicine ball.
- Grab a medicine ball.
- Sit on your butt with knees bent up toward the ceiling.
- Holding your legs with your hands, lift your feet one inch off the ground and balance.
- When your balance is perfect and your back straight, clasp the medicine ball in front of you.
- Twist down from side to side, tapping your elbows to the mat, twenty-five times each.
Wall Sit With Rotation
- With your back against a wall, hold a medicine ball with both hands in front of your chest and lower into a squat.
- Keeping your hips steady, twist to the left and reach the ball toward the wall.
- Return to center.
- That's one rep. Repeat on the other side.
- Move back and forth at a slow, controlled pace for 20 total reps.
- Lie faceup on the floor, holding the medicine ball overhead, arms and legs straight.
- Brace your core, then simultaneously lift your torso and left leg as you bring the ball toward your left foot.
- Lower your body back to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side. That's one rep.
- Grab a medicine ball and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the ball with both hands on the outside of your right hip, then perform a squat.
- Keeping your chest up and arms straight, press your feet into the ground as you "chop" the ball up and across your body until your legs are straight and the ball is above your left shoulder.
- Pause, then lower the ball back to your right knee.
- Complete all reps before repeating on the other side. That's 1 set.