Since going "no-poo," I have had lots of people ask me what am I planning on doing if my hair gets too oily. I have created a homemade DIY dry shampoo that is perfect for dark hair and won't harm it whatsoever!
Natural DIY Dry Shampoo (for dark hair)
- 2 tbsp cornstach (you may also use Arrowroot powder)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (YES you read that correctly. OMIT if you have light or blonde hair)
- 6 drops of essential oil
- Empty salt shaker
- Mix ingredients in a bowl thoroughly and place in an empty salt shaker.
- When your hair needs a pick-me-up, shake a little on the roots.
- You may also use a makeup brush to help get the powder into the scalp.