Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts to make each morning. Not only is it so versatile- you can essentially add any ingredient you want to the mix! Oats are also wonderful for heart health and for sustained energy so it is no wonder why starting your day with a bowl does the body some good.
Here is my recipe for a blueberry lemon oatmeal using flax seeds and sweetened with a dab of honey!
Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup vanilla flavored unsweetened almond milk
- 1 handful fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine oats and milk in a saucepan over medium heat; stirring occasionally.
- Mix in lemon zest and honey.
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place into a bowl and top with blueberries and flax seeds.