If you enjoyed the Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Poppers recipe, then you are going to love these cauliflower tots! We are replacing the white potatoes once again in place for the cauliflower so instead of your usual tater tots, these are cauliflower tots and they are absolutely tasty and perfect for kids or as an appetizer!
Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- 2 1/2 cups raw cauliflower florets (about 2 cups when cooked)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup seasoned almond flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, cook the cauliflower florets by pouring 1/4 inch of water into a large pan over medium heat. Once the water is simmering, reduce the heat to low and add the cauliflower. Cover with a lid and let simmer for about 5 minutes. The cauliflower should be tender, but not mushy when done.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the cauliflower into fine pieces and place 2 cups of the cauliflower pieces into a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Shape about 1 1/2 tablespoon of cauliflower mix into an egg-shape and place on a prepared baking sheet. Be careful not to overcrowd the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping the tots occasionally to brown each side.
- Serve immediately.