Did you know that your average alfredo sauce packs around 500 calories per serving-in just the sauce alone? Crazy, right? I loved white sauce pastas until I took a look at the nutritional information and almost had a heart attack! So, I decided to make my own, using cauliflower as a cheese/heavy cream substitute! The outcome was ever delish!
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
- salt/pepper to taste
- Cut head of cauliflower into florets. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Boil cauliflower florets until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, sautee the garlic in the olive oil.
- Put the cauliflower florets into the blender with the milk.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the water from the cauliflower.
- Add in the sauteed garlic and olive oil, along with seasonings.
- Blend together, adding salt and pepper as needed.